What do you think? Can dogs eat dehydrated bananas? The answer is a resounding yes! Dehydrated bananas are 100% safe for dogs to eat because they contain no added sugar or artificial sweeteners. So, if you’re thinking of feeding your furry friend some dehydrated bananas, keep reading to find out all the reasons why you should.
Before we move on with the article, you should know that banana, in it’s most natural form, is equally beneficial for dogs. Find out all about bananas and dogs in our article ‘Can dogs eat bananas?’
Now, let’s find more about dehydrated bananas!
What Are Dehydrated Bananas?
Dehydrated bananas are like freeze-dried banana chips in that they have water removed, but dehydrated bananas will be much chewier than the chips. These bananas are a great way to add potassium to your dog’s diet. Or when your dog is low on energy, dehydrated bananas can make for a convenient way to give her a quick energy booster snack. You just rehydrate them in water for 10 to 15 minutes and they are ready to serve! Dehydrated bananas are also great for keeping in the car or for training your dog so that she has a small, but very tasty reward when she does well.
Are Dehydrated Bananas Good for Dogs?
Dehydrated bananas not only make an excellent treat, but they’re also beneficial for your dog’s health.
Here are 7 benefits of feeding dehydrated bananas to your pooch:
- Dehydrated bananas are healthy for dogs because they are 100% natural. So, your dog doesn’t need to worry about weird additives or weird chemicals that can potentially upset her stomach.
- These banana snacks also contain potassium which is beneficial to your dog’s heart. Potassium helps the working of electrical charges within the heart, nerves, and muscles.
- Dehydrated bananas are low in fat and sodium plus they don’t have any chemicals or preservatives that might cause a food allergy in dogs.
- Dehydrated bananas are easy to transport: Keep a few bags of dehydrated bananas in your car or at home for whenever you need a quick snack for your dog. They are more convenient and easier than feeding fresh bananas which can get messy and make a huge mess if the fruit is too ripe (just like for humans).
- They don’t need a lot of preparation: Simply soak them in water for about 10 minutes, then they’re ready to give to your dog! You can add them to your dog’s dinner bowl or crush them up and mix them with kibble.
- These snacks are a great substitute for pricey treats: Dehydrated bananas are usually cheaper than granulated bananas, which are usually more expensive treats.
- The key nutrients in dehydrated bananas that are beneficial for your pooch’s health include complex carbohydrates, antioxidants, essential minerals like calcium, and phytochemicals like flavonoids. Bananas contain all these healthy nutrients!
You might also be interested in ‘Can dogs eat frozen bananas?’
How Can I Make Dehydrated Bananas at Home?
If you plan to make dehydrated bananas in your own kitchen, you will need to stick to the following directions:
- Preheat your oven to 275F. Slice your banana into chip-sized pieces.
- If you have very thin and waxy bananas, you’ll want to cut them into smaller pieces. Arrange the banana slices on a baking sheet coated with non-stick spray.
- Spray the banana pieces lightly with more non-stick spray; this will help them stick together as they dry out.
- Place the baking sheet in your preheated oven.
- Allow the bananas to dry until they get crispy. It usually takes about 1-2 hours, so check on them every 30 minutes throughout the drying process. You will know they’re done when you can easily peel them off of the baking sheet.
- Once they are completely dry, remove them from the oven and separate each piece with your hands. Because dehydrated banana pieces tend to stick together when dried out, you’ll need to work carefully and slowly as you separate each piece from one another.
- Store them in air-tight containers in a cool, dry place.
So, there it is! Now that you know how to feed dehydrated bananas to your dog and make them in your own kitchen, your furry friend can enjoy these tasty treats often. Dehydrated bananas can also be made from freeze-dried banana chips, which are usually baked in a convection oven to remove excess moisture before the drying process begins. Or, if you prefer, you can also buy dehydrated bananas online!
So, can dogs eat dehydrated bananas? YES! Dehydrated bananas are absolutely safe and healthy for dogs to eat. These banana snacks are natural foods that are super easy to prepare and make great treats for dogs that need a boost of energy. So, if your dog is lacking in energy, dehydrated bananas can give her that boost!
Well, thankyou for reading the article!
Now that you know how dehydrated bananas are good for your dog, here are some other banana-related dog articles that you might be interested in.
Does your dog like dehydrated bananas? Have you ever seen your dog have a reaction from eating these sweet crunchy treats? We would love to hear from you. Please share with our community by leaving us a comment below!
One thought on “Can Dogs Eat Dehydrated Bananas? (7 Surprising Benefits)”
I didn’t know I could feed dehydrated bananas to my german shepherd. Thanks for letting me know!