Fresh bananas make a wholesome treat for your dog. They are rich in vitamins and minerals that provide a great energy boost. But, are those fabulous advantages still in place when bananas are turned into chips? Can dogs eat banana chips? Absolutely! If you’re looking for a healthy, scrumptious, and low carb snack, then banana chips are ideal for your pup. However, there are a few things to note before feeding this crunchy delight to your pup. So, make sure to learn all the facts mentioned below.
You might also be interested in Can Dogs Eat Bananas?
Are Banana Chips Good for Dogs?
Banana chips are much like potato chips, except they are made of bananas. These chips are a good source of vitamins B6 and C, potassium, magnesium, and dietary fiber. These nutrients play a vital role in a dog’s health. Vitamins B6 and C, boost your dog’s immune system, strengthen their metabolism, and prevent cell damage.
Banana chips are also good for dogs because they have a high amount of dietary fiber. These chips help make food easier to digest and make bowel movements go more smoothly. The fiber can further help to lower blood sugar levels in dogs and keep them from becoming over-weight.
Additionally, potassium found in banana chips aids in your pup’s muscle movement, brain activity as well as overall neural functioning. The chips are a low-calorie energy booster for your four-legged best friend; therefore, they can be a healthy treat when given in moderation.
In What Amount Should You Feed Banana Chips to Your Dog?
When it comes to the amount of feeding banana chips to your dog, it largely depends on a dog’s size. We recommend that you provide six to ten chips to your medium or large dog in a sitting. If you have a small pup, do not offer them more than three banana chips.
Things To Remember When Feeding Banana Chips to Your Dog
Here are some of the things that you might want to consider when giving banana chips to your pet:
- Since banana also has a high sugar level, avoid feeding banana chips in a large amount. Dogs who consume too much banana chips daily can potentially develop gastrointestinal problems, obesity, and even diabetes.
- Sometimes, high levels of fiber can cause an upset stomach in dogs. Make sure you provide these chips in the amount mentioned above. Also, look out for any symptoms like diarrhea, loss of appetite, and vomiting, if your pup overeats banana chips.
- You’ll also want to be careful while purchasing banana chips. We recommend that you buy chips that do not contain any artificial sweeteners and spices.
How Can I Feed Banana Chips to My Dog?
Since banana chips come in different types and flavors, there are various ways to treat your dog.
Below is a variant of banana chips that you can feed to your pup:
- Dried banana chips: These are freeze-dried banana chips, which are equally healthy and nutritious for dogs.
- Dehydrated banana chips: Both dried and dehydrated banana chips are made by removing their water content. The difference is that the former is made under cold temperature while the latter is made under hot temperature.Dehydrated banana chips are chewier than dried ones.
- Unsweetened banana chips: These chips do not contain any added sugar, salt, or spices. Unsweetened banana chips are just plain dried or dehydrated ones, which are considered one of the healthiest forms of banana chips to give your dog as a scrumptious treat.
- Green banana chips: Green banana chips are made from plantains, members of the banana family, which are starchier and lower in sugar than normal ones. Since green banana chips are less sugary, they have a different taste than bananas we are used to eating. Even so, they hold the same nutritional benefits as regular banana chips.
So, Can Dogs Eat Banana Chips? Yes! Banana chips are a low-carb, healthy snack that can mainly help with your dog’s digestion and weight control. You can also try different varieties of banana chips (dry, dehydrated, unsweetened, and green) to treat your dog. Just make sure that you provide these chips in moderation to avoid any health problems in dogs.
Now that you know how banana chips are good for your dog, here are some other banana-related dog articles that you might be interested in.
Does your dog like banana chips? Have you ever seen your dog have a reaction from eating banana chips? We would love to hear from you. Please share with our community by leaving us a comment below!
One thought on “Can Dogs Eat Banana Chips? Absolutely! But Know The Risks Involved”
My dog ate some of the banana chips from the kitchen, should I be concerned? 😩