Tibetan Mastiffs are not just a dog breed. They are a symbol of status and power. They are the most expensive dog breed in the world, and it is easy to see why they have such a high price tag. Tibetan Mastiffs are, without a doubt, the perfect canine companions. They are loyal, protective, and very gentle. They are also known to be intelligent and obedient.
The Tibetan Mastiff is one of the most ancient breeds in existence, with records going back as far as 2000 BC. The breed was originally used as a guard dog for livestock and homes, but they also served as hunting dogs and watchdogs because of their great sense of smell and hearing.
Today, Tibetan Mastiffs are considered to be one of the best family dog breeds. Read on as we provide you with a detailed look into Tibetan Mastiffs and their temperament at home.
10 Reasons Why Tibetan Mastiffs are the Perfect Family Dog
1) They are loyal companions.
2) The Tibetan Mastiff is considered to be one of the most intelligent breeds of dogs in the world. It has been said that they are so intelligent that they can understand up to 200 words or gestures.
3) They are playful but have a docile temperament.
4) You can easily train them to do tricks and they love it!
5) They are protective of their family members and property, and quite aggressive towards strangers when provoked.
6) Tibetan Mastiffs have an instinctive guarding behavior that makes them excellent watchdogs for your home or business.
7) They are also great with kids and other pets in the home.
8) As a result of their thick coat, they can live in colder climates without any problems at all!
9) They don’t need a lot of grooming. Their coat can be brushed weekly in order to prevent the dog from becoming matted and tangled.
10) They are also considered to be one of the healthiest breeds of dogs in the world.
Are Tibetan Mastiffs Good with Children & Seniors?
Yes. Tibetan Mastiffs can be great companions for children and seniors alike.
Tibetan Mastiffs have been known to be good with children because they are gentle and kind. They also have a playful side that many kids love to imitate with these dogs.
Seniors will benefit from owning a Tibetan Mastiff because they require minimal care, which is perfect for those who may not be able to take care of themselves as well as they used to or who may not be able to do strenuous activities as younger people can do.
However, Tibetan Mastiffs are BIG dogs. Their size and strength could potentially cause serious injury to children, and they may be too rough with elderly people who have mobility problems. So, make sure you always supervise them with your Tibetan Mastiff.
Are Tibetan Mastiffs Good with Other Pets?
Tibetan Mastiffs are large, powerful dogs that do best in homes with another dog to play with. But they can be territorial and aggressive towards other pets, so it is best to keep them in a home without cats or small pets.
You should introduce your Tibetan Mastiff to the new dog in a neutral environment where neither is dominant nor scared and then slowly introduce them to each other in less stressful environments.
So, are Tibetan Mastiffs good family dogs? Yes. Tibetan Mastiffs are good family dogs for many reasons. For starters, they are very gentle and protective of their families. Secondly, they can be easily trained as they are super intelligent. Thirdly, they don’t shed too much fur so this means less mess in the house! Lastly, Tibetan Mastiffs have a lot of patience which makes them great with children!
Thank you for reading the article.
Here are other articles on Tibetan Mastiff if you’re interested to know more about the breed.
Is your Tibetan Mastiff good with your family? What about children and other pets? Let us know in the comments!